- Ladera. near Inglewood. I consider these my home courts, a preview of heaven in unincorporated LA County.
- Rancho. near Dorsey High. I played on a Men’s 3.5 USTA team that went to Sectionals here.
- Veteran’s Park. Culver City. First place I played when starting back up again 20 years ago. Good backboard!
- Lindberg Park. Culver City.
- North Park. Inglewood.
- Redondo Union High School. Redondo Beach. Fun bike-riding destination.
- Christine Emerson Reed Park. Santa Monica. Got demolished in a tournament here.
- Ed Vincent Park, a/k/a Inglewood. So beautiful with the trees and gentle slope down from the parking lot. Played a lot of team tennis here.
- Jim Gilliam Park, Baldwin Park.
- Fox Hills, Culver City.
- Crenshaw High School. Played a couple sets a few times when I taught here. Did all right.
- Cheviot Hills. This is where my friend B taught me the kick serve, and where I played with my friend E and his whole crew.
- USC. Played here with some teachers from Weemes Elementary when I taught there, also with lifelong friends K and K. Tremendous fondness.
- Mar Vista Rec. These courts are the closest to my house and great for when my daughter’s in town.
- Beverly Hills Tennis Center. This place is a country club for the people. Great for trying out new racquets.
- Penmar, Santa Monica.
- Riverside, Los Feliz.
- Ocean View Park, Santa Monica. Gem.
- West LA College, Culver City. Overshadowed in my memory by the time I was playing baseball there and my team woulda won the championship if I had just stepped on third after fielding that grounder. But I didn’t.
- Westwood Park. Fonder memories of my daughters playing adorable soccer here than of me playing bleh tennis.
- Vermont Canyon, Griffith Park.
- Westchester. Lotta team tennis practice here. Court Justice 4ever! We went to Sectionals this year. That makes it twice for me. Proud.
- Pacific Palisades. See above.
- Harvard Rec, South LA. Played here on New Year’s Day once. Good times.
Those were all before my current quest to play on every public court in LA. Since embarking on this quest, I have played on the following courts as detailed richly in this blog or on my hard-to-believe-it’s-real YouTube channel:
Griffith Park, Charles Wilson (Torrance), Echo Park, Poinsettia (Hollywood), Hernon/Arroyo Seco (Highland Park), Elysian Park, Stoner (West LA), Van Nuys Sherman Oaks Rec, Loyola Marymount, Brace Canyon (Burbank), Shatto (Koreatown), Rawley (Gardena), Holly (Hawthorne), Balboa (Encino), Barrington (Brentwood), Cal State LA, Barrington (Brentwood), Reed (Santa Monica), Loma Alta (Alta Dena), Sunland, Cal State Northridge, El Cariso (Sylmar), North Hollywood Rec Center, Nibley (Glendale), Panorama City…
HMU to suggest public tennis courts in LA County that I haven’t played on yet!